Petition for an Exception to a Graduate Policy

Master’s and Doctoral Students

Please use this online tool to submit a petition to the Academic Dean. Be prepared to provide the reason(s) why you think that your petition should be granted, along with any supporting documents. If you seek an exemption to University policy, you must provide a justification for such an exemption.

Once you submit your petition, you will receive a copy of that petition via email. Please keep it for your records. At the same time, your petition will be routed to the appropriate University faculty and staff for their consideration, beginning with your Graduate Advisor. The Academic Dean of your College/School will approve or deny your request. The decision of the Academic Dean is final.

To withdraw from school, inquire about a grade change, or request a change of program, please contact your Graduate Advisor, or submit the appropriate form, instead of submitting a petition.

NOTE: Petitions requesting waiver of tuition, fees or parking tickets cannot be approved through the petition process.


Please Log In
You may be entitled to know what information The University of Texas at Arlington (UT Arlington) collects concerning you. You may review and have UT Arlington correct this information according to procedures set forth in UTS139. The law is found in sections 552.021, 552.023 and 559.004 of the Texas Government Code. For more information, see our Privacy Policy.
Your web browser must be able to accept cookies. All fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required.