Link to Search the Graduate Catalog 
UTA Logo
The University of Texas at Arlington
Graduate Catalog 2002-2004

Student Services and Financial Aid

Health Services
Counseling Services
Assessment Services
Career Services
International Office
Office of Multicultural Services
Disabled Student Services
Department of Campus Recreation
Bursar Services
Student Financial Aid
Student Conduct and Discipline
Campus Solicitations
Use of Campus Facilities
Vehicle Emissions Inspections
Student Travel Policy
Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act


210 University Center | Box 19349 | 817-272-2791 |

The University owns and operates residence halls, apartments, and houses for students. Residence hall features vary by community. However, all residence hall students enjoy a double or private room on campus that includes Internet, cable TV, metro phone service, and on-site staff. Two new apartment complexes, Arbor Oaks and Timber Brook, are scheduled to open for the fall 2002 semester. Each unit will include Internet, cable TV service, metro phone service, and washers and dryers. Sixteen additional on-campus apartment communities and 50 houses are available to students as well. For more information about University-owned and managed housing, call 817-272-2791 or visit

Centennial Court is an apartment-style community located on the U.T. Arlington campus. Call 817-436-4800 for more information about Centennial Court.

Health Services

605 S. West Street | Box 19329 | 817-272-2771 |

Health Services is an on-campus, out-patient facility whose mission is to maintain the optimum physical and emotional health of UTA students and designated faculty/staff through the provision of quality, accessible, comprehensive and cost-effective primary health care.

Health Services is staffed and equipped to care for most routine health needs. Many services are free. A reasonable fee is assessed for services such as medications, x-rays, laboratory tests, etc. Financial support is partially funded by a Medical Services Fee.

Health Services and facilities are available to all enrolled, fee-paying students. Students who choose not to enroll for a semester but who plans to enroll the following semester may receive treatment during the missed semester by paying the Medical Services Fee that is usually charged in their tuition. Student employees, such as GTAs, GRAs, TAs, and RAs, may utilize Health Services as students and therefore not pay a doctor-visit fee. Faculty/staff may receive treatment at Health Services for urgent care and other selected services on a fee-for-service basis, by appointment (817-272-2745). Student employees and faculty/staff should ask whether Health Services accepts their U.T. Arlington employee insurance plan and should bring appropriate proof of insurance coverage.

Staffing: The staff includes full-time physicians and registered nurses, pharmacists, laboratory and x-ray technologists, clinical psychologists, a substance abuse specialist, a student development specialist, and related personnel. Health Services provides medical services during those times when the University is open. Services are not available during scheduled University holidays. During these periods, medical care received from another source will be the patient's financial responsibility.

Services Available

General Medicine: Students with common medical problems are diagnosed and treated on a walk-in basis. Elective minor surgical
procedures such as removal of cysts, moles, and warts, are available. Appointments are required for both the initial evaluation and the surgery.

Allergy-Antigen Injections: If patients wish to receive allergy-antigen injections at Health Services, their allergist should mail the antigen along with details of the allergies and proposed program of treatment for Health Services storage.

Women's Clinic: Health Services diagnoses and treats most diseases of the female reproductive organs. Consultations, contraceptive advice, routine Pap smears, diagnostic tests for sexually-transmitted diseases (STDs), and breast examinations are performed by appointment (817-272-2713).

Mental Health: Psychological and psychiatric assessment and treatment are available to students and faculty/staff by appointment (817-272-2713). Referrals to health agencies or other professionals are made when indicated.

Laboratory: The laboratory is equipped to perform all routine determinations. For more sophisticated procedures, specimens are obtained and sent to a reference laboratory for testing.

Pharmacy: The pharmacy dispenses reduced-cost medications and provides medication counseling to students and faculty/staff. The pharmacy accepts the U.T. System student health insurance and the faculty/staff prescription plans. Health Services will dispense prescriptions from any licensed physician as long as the medication is in its formulary.

X-ray: Health Services performs all routine radiographic studies. After an initial reading by a Health Services physician, the films are sent to a radiologist for final interpretation.

Medical Records: Since medical records are protected under patient/physician confidentiality provisions, only the patient has access to their medical records. These records will not be released to anyone without written authorization from the patient or as provided by law.

HIV/AIDS: Education and information are available at no charge and may be given in a one-on-one setting or to campus-related groups. Anonymous testing is available for a small laboratory fee and requires pre- and post-test counseling appointments. Clients are referred to appropriate off-campus facilities, if needed. The UTA brochure, "Policy and Guidelines on Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection (HIV) and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) and Hepatitis B Virus (HBV)" is available at Health Services.

Bacterial Meningitis: Meningitis, a rare but potentially fatal bacterial infection that affects the brain and spinal cord, strikes about 3,000 Americans each year. Information about meningitis and its symptoms is available on the Health Services Web site and in the printed Schedule of Classes.

Substance Abuse Prevention: A licensed chemical dependency counselor provides free individual counseling as well as information about self-help groups and referrals to students and faculty/staff for substance abuse problems, smoking cessation, etc. Friends and loved ones may also access free information on ways to deal with these issues. All sessions are confidential; no information is placed in patient charts. The UTA brochure, "Information Regarding Illicit Drugs and Alcohol Abuse" is available at Health Services.

Peer Education: This student organization provides students, faculty/staff and the community with education and information on a broad range of health and wellness issues. The organization sponsors awareness events and conducts tailored presentations for various groups throughout the year.

Education: In the spirit of this educational community, it is hoped that students will also use Health Services as a resource for information on health-related issues and preventive medicine.

Patient Rights: Health Services recognizes its responsibility to ensure that every patient, regardless of sex, race, age, beliefs or handicap has the right to be treated with respect, consideration and confidentiality. Patients should take the initiative to communicate their concerns and questions about problems related to their health condition or medication, unclear procedures and previous health history. Patients have the right to seek a second medical opinion, to change primary or specialty physicians, and to be informed of and refuse to participate in experimental research.

Transportation: Health Services is an out-patient facility, and, as such, provides only ambulatory medical services. Patients are responsible for their own transportation to Health Services. For true emergencies, or when the seriousness of the patient's condition is uncertain, call the University police at 817-272-3003. The police will dispatch officers to the site, and call an ambulance, if needed. These officers are trained in CPR and first aid and can stabilize the patient until an ambulance arrives. This procedure should be followed even when Health Services is open.

Indebtedness: It is the student's responsibility to satisfy indebtedness to Health Services with reasonable promptness. Upon payment, receipts will be issued that can be used by the student for submitting claims to personal insurance companies.

Health Insurance: Health Services is not equipped to perform the more extensive diagnostic procedures and services such as those offered by a general hospital. Therefore, all U.T. Arlington students are strongly urged to have adequate medical insurance coverage. Students on non-immigrant visas are required to carry health insurance and must show proof of coverage at the time of registration. An optional system-wide Student Health Insurance Plan is available through an insurance carrier by contract with the University. For more information about the Student Health Insurance Plan, contact Health Services at 817-272-2771. Insurance brochures and applications are available at Health Services.

Blood Reserve Fund Plan: UTA, in cooperation with Carter BloodCare, sponsors a blood reserve fund plan for UTA students and faculty/staff. To participate in the reserve fund, members are requested to donate regularly during semiannual blood drives held on campus. The release of blood credits is coordinated through Health Services.

Counseling Services

216 Davis Hall | Box 19156 | 817-272-3671 |

At the Counseling Services Office, students and alumni can receive assistance in several areas, including academic, career, and personal/emotional counseling. Counseling Services also offers many seminars to students designed to help improve academic success, make career decisions, and achieve personal growth and development.

Personal Counseling

Developing new life skills and perspectives, dealing with extraordinary life events, making personal decisions, and getting help with issues related to difficulties in adjustment, emotions, and interpersonal relationships. Services are offered individually and in group settings.

Academic Counseling

Individual sessions and group seminars are available to address a wide variety of issues including academic skill building, reading improvement, test-taking strategies, study skills improvement, and time management. At times, we use the Learning and Study Skills Strategies Inventory (LASSI) as a way to assess your use of learning and study strategies.

Career Development

Individual counseling is available to assist students in the exploration of their interests, abilities, career-related skills, work values, career preparation, resume preparation, and job searches. Students are often encouraged to take the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and the Strong Interest Inventory as ways of assessing personality characteristics and interests that may suggest suitable career directions. Choices CT is a computer program that students can use to gather information about many majors, schools, and occupations.

Assessment Services

201 Davis Hall | Box 19156 | 817-272-2362 |

The following tests are given on national test dates: Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Subject Test and Writing Assessment, Law School Admission Test (LSAT) and the Medical College Admission Test (M.A.). The Prueba de Admisión para Estudios Graduados is given twice per year. The Miller Analogies Test is scheduled once per month, and the SPEAK test is scheduled by appointment. Specialized tests of aptitudes, interests and abilities are also given in conjunction with Counseling Services.

Career Services

216 Davis Hall | Box 19156 | 817-272-2932 |

The mission of U.T. Arlington Career Services is to encourage and educate students and alumni in developing comprehensive career plans and self-directed job search techniques.

Career Services assists students and alumni in funding full- or part-time, internship and co-op employment opportunities. Services provided include career development workshops, job listings, résumé referral, on-campus employment interviews, career days and information on careers, employers and job search techniques.

Career Services has three offices across campus to better serve U.T. Arlington students and employers.

Career Services Locations

University Career Services: Room 216, Davis Hall, 817-272-2932

Business Career Services: Room 106, Business Bldg., 817-272-5201

Student Employment Services: First Level, University Center (West Entrance), 817-272-2895

International Office

Lower Level, University Center | Box 19028 | 817-272-2355 |

The International Office serves the needs of more than 2,300 international students and scholars at The University of Texas at Arlington. The staff handles all immigration procedures and provides information, advice and counseling on a variety of issues affecting international students and scholars. The International Office sponsors numerous cultural events and information workshops throughout the year. Information is also disseminated through a listserv of enrolled international students. All new international students must attend international student orientation, hosted by the International Office, before matriculation.

U.T. Arlington offers opportunities for credit-bearing graduate study on exchange programs in Australia, France, Mexico and Norway. Language and cultural studies, which usually do not earn resident graduate credit, can be undertaken on faculty-led or affiliated programs in Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, England, France, Germany, Greece, Holland, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Morocco, Portugal, Russia, Scotland, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland and Thailand. New programs are being developed every year. Students interested in study abroad opportunities, scholarship, travel and work opportunities abroad will find information at the International Office on the Lower Level of the E.H. Hereford University Center or by accessing

Office of Multicultural Services

Lower Level, University Center | Box 19353 | 817-272-2099 | Multicultural Services

The Office of Multicultural Services is committed to fostering the full participation of ethnic minorities at The University of Texas at Arlington by helping create an academic, social and cultural atmosphere conducive to the presence and responsive to the needs of African-American, Native American Indian, Mexican-American and Pacific Island students. It is important that prospective students receive orientation to the diverse and numerous offices designed to assist students at the University. While the Office of Multicultural Services is committed to facilitating full participation of ethnic minorities in every aspect of university life, its doors are open to all students at The University of Texas at Arlington.

Academic assistance services are available to promote a successful learning experience. In addition, seminars and workshops provide leadership training and enhance the social skills and positive self-concepts necessary for successful living. Rich cultural diversity is reflected in the number and variety of minority student organizations on campus.

The Center for Multicultural Cooperation (CMC) is a comprehensive, campus-wide outreach initiative for attracting, orienting and retaining minority students. The CMC seeks to recruit minority students in various ways, including the utilization of volunteer students and staff recruiters.

The CMC provides an orientation program for minority students. Students receive a thorough overview on how the campus operates, who to see for a particular problem, and what is required of them if their campus experience is to be successful. The program stresses class attendance, establishing friendships, participating in campus activities and accepting responsibility.

Also, the CMC works to increase minority student retention by providing assistance with academic preparation, academic advising, cultural activities, sociocultural adjustment, financial resources and faculty/staff recruitment. The CMC views retention as a campus-wide effort involving all aspects of the educational process.

In summary, the intent of the CMC is to recruit minority students with the goal of graduating minority students.

The office hours are Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-10 p.m.; Friday 9 a.m.-6 p.m. For further information, contact Casey Gonzales or Fred Henry at 817-272-2099 or 817-272-2128.

The Minority Mentor Project matches freshman and sophomore students with U.T. Arlington faculty and staff to facilitate successful graduation rates. Freshmen or sophomores with fewer than 60 hours should contact the Office of Multicultural Services to participate.

Disabled Student Services

Lower Level, University Center · Box 19355 · 817-272-3364 | TDD 817-272-3452 ·

In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD) is charged with the responsibility of ensuring full inclusion of all disabled students in all programs and activities offered at U.T. Arlington. The Office for Students with Disabilities verifies all physical, emotional, ADD/ADHD and learning disabilities in order to specify the appropriate disability-specific accommodations and/or adaptations that will assist all students registered in OSD in successfully completing their academic objectives. All U.T. Arlington students with disabilities requiring accommodations should contact OSD at 817-272-3364 (voice) or 817-272-1520 (TTY) or visit the office on the Lower Level of the E.H. Hereford University Center. Any academic accommodations must originate with the Office for Students with Disabilities. For more information regarding services or documentation requirements, please visit

Department of Campus Recreation

212 Activities Building · Box 19268 · 817-272-3277 |

The Department of Campus Recreation (formerly Recreational Sports) provides a diverse offering of recreational and leisure experiences for students, faculty and staff. More than 80 activities in competitive and recreational areasteam, individual and co-recreationalare scheduled throughout the year. For more information, stop by room 212 of the Activities Building, call 817-272-3277 or visit

The Department of Campus Recreation in comprised of five areas:

Bursar Services

130 Davis Hall and 120 University Center | Box 19649 | 817-272-2172 | Bursar Services

Any form of payment (Check, ACH, or Credit Card) that is returned unpaid can result in enrollment withdrawal and the following additional penalties: (1) a charge of $25 for each returned item, (2) enrollment withdrawal with financial responsibility, (3) a bar against readmission of the student, (4) withholding of the student's grades, official transcript, and diploma, (5) loss of check writing privileges, (6) all other penalties and actions authorized by law.

Check Cashing: A current University identification card and a driver's license are required to cash a personal check. A student may cash a personal check for an amount not to exceed $25. A $.25 Check Cashing Charge will apply.

Student Financial Aid

252 Davis Hall | Box 19199 | 817-272-3561 |

The following summaries are for informational purposes only. Current information on each program is available from the Financial Aid Office and by accessing the Financial Aid Web site.

Students subject to selective service registration will be required to file a statement that the student has registered or is exempt from selective service registration to be eligible to apply for state or federal financial aid.

Assistance Based on Need

Students wishing to participate in any of the following financial aid programs should complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) as early as possible prior to their actual enrollment at the University. The funding process takes six to eight weeks for completion. Financial aid in these categories is generally limited to U.S. citizens or those in this country on other than temporary visa status. Funding for graduate courses is only available to students admitted to the Graduate School as "Regular" students. "Special" and "Transient" students are not eligible for these programs.

Federal Perkins Loan and Federal Stafford Loan

These are the primary sources of long-term loans available at U.T. Arlington. Both programs include deferred repayment provisions that permit students to repay the loan after termination of at least half-time studies at the University. For those students demonstrating financial need, interest will not accrue on the loans while the borrowers are enrolled on at least a half-time basis. Information regarding loan amounts and terms can be obtained from the Financial Aid Office.

Federal Work-Study Program

A student who needs a job to help pay for college expenses may be eligible for employment through the Federal Work-Study Program. Eligibility is based on financial need as determined by the FAFSA. Most participants are employed in positions with various University departments, but limited off-campus jobs with certain approved agencies are also available.

Financial Counseling

The Financial Aid Office provides financial or budgetary counseling for any and all students regardless of whether they qualify for other types of financial assistance.

Out-of-State Student Assistance

Several states offer aid to their students attending schools in other states. Amounts and requirements for this assistance vary greatly. Further information can be obtained from the home-state aid agency.

Veterans' Assistance

Contact the Registrar's Office for information concerning eligibility for and payment of VA benefits and other matters for veterans attending or planning to attend U.T. Arlington.


252 Davis Hall | Box 19199 | 817-272-2197 |

The University of Texas at Arlington provides a variety of scholarship programs for students who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement. U.T. Arlington also offers a number of endowed scholarships that are administered by a school, department or program. Graduate scholarships are awarded on the basis of scholastic excellence and adequate preparation for graduate study in the student's chosen field, as shown by the student's academic record. Scholarship eligibility criteria include admission into a degree program, enrollment in coursework leading to the degree, reasonable progress in the degree program, good academic standing, GPA, and in some cases, test scores, references and personal statements. There are additional specific qualifications for scholarships in various areas of study. Students are encouraged to contact their school dean or department/program office to obtain information about eligibility criteria and scholarships awarded in the student's area of study.

In addition to the specific qualifications required for various competitive scholarships awarded by the University, the committee responsible for selection of a given scholarship may consider such factors as leadership, community involvement and financial need. State law and the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Regents of The University of Texas System require that any scholarship and/or fellowship be approved by the appropriate scholarship, loans and awards committee (graduate or undergraduate). For graduate students, the Dean of Graduate Studies serves as the committee chair.

Scholarship funds have been contributed by individual donors, U.T. Arlington alumni, corporations, government agencies and other entities to recognize and reward academic excellence.


Research and teaching assistantships available in most departments can be held only by students unconditionally admitted to Graduate School. Prospective graduate students should see the appropriate department chair for further information. To be continued on a research or teaching assistantship, a student must be in good standing and have performed assigned duties satisfactorily in the preceding semesters as determined by the respective department. Consult the catalog section on General Graduate School Regulations and Information for regulations regarding registration and responsibility of graduate assistants.

A student whose native language is not English must submit a score of 45 or higher on the Test of Spoken English (TSE) before being appointed to an assistantship. An applicant who is a non-native speaker of English and who may wish to be considered for an assistantship should take the TSE before arriving in the United States and have the score sent to The University of Texas at Arlington. Score reports submitted directly by the student or those marked "student copy" or "applicant's copy" are not considered official and will not be accepted. The TSE is administered at TOEFL test centers around the world. Applicants should register for TSE-A (for teaching and research assistant applicants). See the "Documentation and Applicant Evaluation Charges Required" section of this catalog for further information.

The SPEAK examination is offered on The University of Texas at Arlington campus at various times during the year. A satisfactory score on this examination may be used for the Test of Spoken English-A (TSE-A) requirement. This examination may be taken in cases when the student has come to The University of Texas at Arlington without having taken the TSE-A and subsequently wishes to be considered for a graduate assistantship. Cost and time necessary for scoring the SPEAK examination are comparable to those for the TSE-A. The Office of Counseling and Career Development should be contacted for administration dates and other details.

Student Conduct and Discipline

The University of Texas at Arlington reserves the right to impose disciplinary penalties, including permanent expulsion, against a student for disciplinary reasons. Information about the rules of conduct and due process procedures is published in Part One, Chapter VI, Sec. 3 of the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Regents of The University of Texas System. The Regents' Rules and Regulations may be accessed at or This information is also published in the U.T. Arlington Handbook of Operating Procedures, copies of which are available in the offices of the Dean of Graduate Studies and Student Judicial Affairs.


Hazing in educational institutions is prohibited by both state law (Sections 51.936 and 37.151 et seq., Texas Education Code) and by the Regents' Rules and Regulations (Part One, Chapter VI, Section 3.28). Individuals or organizations engaging in hazing could be subject to fines and charged with criminal offenses. Additionally, the law does not affect or in any way restrict the right of U.T. Arlington to enforce its own rules against hazing.

According to the law, a person can commit a hazing offense not only by engaging in a hazing activity, but also by soliciting, directing, encouraging, aiding or attempting to aid another in hazing; by intentionally, knowingly or recklessly allowing hazing to occur; or by failing to report firsthand information that a hazing incident is planned or has occurred in writing to the Vice President for Student Affairs/Dean of Students. The fact that a person consented to or acquiesced in a hazing activity is not a defense to prosecution for hazing under this law.

To encourage reporting of hazing incidents, the law grants immunity from civil or criminal liability to any person who reports a specific hazing event to the Office of Student Affairs and immunizes that person from participation in any judicial proceeding resulting from that report. The penalty for failure to report is a fine of up to $1,000, up to 180 days in jail, or both. Penalties for other hazing offenses vary according to the severity of the injury that results and range from $500 to $10,000 in fines and up to two years confinement.

The law defines hazing as an intentional, knowing or reckless act, occurring on or off the campus of an educational institution, by one person alone or acting with others, directed against a student, that endangers the mental or physical health or safety of that student for the purpose of pledging, being initiated into, affiliating with, holding office in or maintaining membership in any organization whose members are or include students at an educational institution. Hazing includes but is not limited to:

Campus Solicitations

"Solicitation," as defined in Part One, Chapter VI, Section 6.6 of the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Regents of The University of Texas System, means the sale, lease, rental or offer for sale, lease or rental of any property, product, merchandise, publication or service, whether for immediate or future delivery; an oral statement or the distribution or display of printed material, merchandise or products that is designed to encourage the purchase, use or rental of any property, product, merchandise, publication or service; the oral or written appeal or request to support or join an organization other than a registered student, faculty or staff organization; the receipt of or request for any gift or contribution; or the request to support or oppose or to vote for or against a candidate, issue or proposition appearing on the ballot at any election held pursuant to state or federal law or local ordinances. All solicitations on the U.T. Arlington campus must conform to the Regents' Rules and Regulations, copies of which are available in the offices of the president, vice presidents, academic deans, numerous other administrative offices and the Central Library. The Regents' Rules and Regulations also may be accessed at the following Web site:

Use of Campus Facilities

The property, buildings or facilities owned or controlled by The University of Texas at Arlington are not open for assembly, speech or other activities as are the public streets, sidewalks and parks. No person, organization, group, association or corporation may use property, buildings or facilities owned or controlled by U.T. Arlington for any purpose other than in the course of the regular programs or activities related to the University's role and mission unless authorized by and conducted in compliance with the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Regents of The University of Texas System, approved rules and regulations of U.T. Arlington, and applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.

Vehicle Emissions Inspections

Vehicles parking or driving on campus must comply with vehicle emissions inspections standards pursuant to Subchapter F, Chapter 548 of the Texas Transportation Code and vehicle registration laws, and must display appropriate inspection stickers. Vehicles not in compliance will be ticketed.

Student Travel Policy

Student safety is a priority for The University of Texas at Arlington. This policy, designed to minimize the risk connected with student travel, is applicable to student travel undertaken by one or more currently enrolled students to reach an activity or event that meets all of the following criteria

  1. Travel is planned and funded by the University;
  2. Travel is more than 25 miles from the University;
    1. Travel to the activity or event is funded and undertaken using a vehicle owned or leased by the University; or
    2. Attendance at the activity or event is required by a registered student organization in good standing and approved in accordance with this policy.

Travel Rules and Regulations

All motor vehicle travel

Seat Belts -- Occupants of motor vehicles shall use seat belts or other approved safety restraint devices required by law or regulation at all times when the vehicle is in operation.

Alcohol and Illegal Substance Prohibited -- Occupants of motor vehicles shall not consume, possess or transport any alcoholic beverages or illegal substances.

Passenger Capacity -- The total number of passengers in any vehicle at any time it is in operation shall not exceed the manufacturer's recommended capacity or the number specified in applicable University policies, federal or state law or regulation, whichever is lower.

License and Training -- Each operator of a motor vehicle shall have a valid operator's license and be trained as required by law to drive the vehicle that will be used.

Proof of Insurance, Inspection and Safety Devices -- Each motor vehicle must have a current proof of liability insurance card and state inspection certification, be equipped with all safety devices or equipment required by federal or state law or regulation, and comply with all other applicable requirements of federal or state law or regulation.

Legal Operation of Vehicles and Driving Schedule -- Operators of motor vehicles shall comply with all laws, regulations and posted signs regarding speed and traffic control and shall not operate the vehicle for a continuous period that is longer than three hours without at least a 15-minute rest stop. There shall be no driving between the hours of 11 p.m. and 6 a.m. without prior approval of the appropriate administrative official.

Travel Using a Vehicle Owned or Leased by The University of Texas at Arlington

Service and Maintenance -- Each vehicle owned or leased by The University of Texas at Arlington must be subject to scheduled periodic service and maintenance by qualified persons and comply with all applicable requirements of The University of Texas System business procedures memoranda.

Operators of Vehicles -- All operators of vehicles owned or leased by The University of Texas at Arlington shall be employees of U.T. Arlington and have a valid operator's license for the operation of the particular vehicle. In addition, the operator shall be authorized to drive a University vehicle in accordance with the policies of The University of Texas at Arlington.

Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act

Campus Security

In compliance with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, formerly the Student Right-to-Know and Campus Security Act (P.L. 101-542, as amended), The University of Texas at Arlington publishes specified campus crime statistics and campus security policies through the Office of the Chief of the University Police.

Campus security policies include:

Crime statistics may be accessed on the University Police Web site at

Graduation Rates

In 2000-2001, the graduation rate was 30.8 percent for students who entered The University of Texas at Arlington in 1995 on a full-time basis as first-time, degree-seeking freshmen.


Expect Great Things!