How To Apply
Texas college students under 30 years old must be vaccinated against bacterial meningitis before they can enroll in classes (Section 51.9192 of the Texas Education Code.) If you have been admitted to UT Arlington, you are required to submit proof of your meningitis vaccination to Magnus Health SMR at least 10 days before the start of the semester in which you plan to enroll.
If you are over the age of 30 or only enrolling in online courses, you are not required to submit documentation of this vaccination.
In summary, the application process involves:
- Completing the Online Application
- Paying the Application Fees
- Submitting Application Materials
- Submitting Financial / Immigration Forms
This page contains detailed instructions for each step. In addition, these checklists can help you keep track of your application:
Instructions for applying online:
- You will be prompted to create a username and password when you login to the online application. Please save this information for later use. Once you have completed the application, you will be given an Application ID Number that you must save as well. You can use your Application ID Number to reference all your application materials.
- Save each page of the application as you complete it.
- Once you have completely filled out your application, you must save your completed application and then submit the application. Please note, you may only submit one application at a time, and may only be considered for admission to one program at a time.
A non-refundable fee as indicated below is required:
- US Citizen and US Resident Alien Applicants with NO foreign college or university course work: $40
- US Citizen and US Resident Alien Applicants WITH foreign college or university course work: $70
- International Applicants: $70
Credit Card (preferred method)
To minimize delays, pay by credit card at the time the graduate online application is submitted. The following credit cards are accepted: MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover.
If you have already submitted an online application without a payment, you can pay it now via credit card.
Check or Money Order (drawn in US dollars)
If you are unable to pay by credit card at the time you submit the online application, you can mail in a personal check or money order. To ensure that your payment is received and applied to your application, please remember:
- Your check/money order must be in US dollars, US issued, and must be payable to UT Arlington.
- Your check/money order must be attached to a cover letter that includes the following information:
- Your full name exactly as is appears on the application
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Application ID number
- Program to which you are applying
- Mail your check/money order to Graduate Studies.
All supporting application materials become the property of The University of Texas at Arlington upon receipt and cannot be returned.
You are required to submit an official transcript from each college or university you attended to Graduate Studies.
Official transcripts from US institutions are those mailed directly to the Graduate School by the Registrar of the institution at which the work was attempted or completed or upon Graduate School review an official original “issued to student” transcript with the official university seal and signature of the Registrar. Official original “issued to student” transcripts may be mailed or hand-carried to Graduate Studies.
UT Arlington Transcripts
Graduate Studies has access to UT Arlington transcripts. Therefore, currently or previously enrolled UT Arlington students do not need to request their UT Arlington transcript be forwarded to the Graduate School from the UT Arlington Office of Records (Registrar.)
Official foreign country transcripts or marksheets and diplomas are those bearing the original seal of the institution and the original signature of the Registrar or responsible head of the institution. Those not issued in English must be accompanied by an exact word for word original English translation bearing the original university or translation agency attestation. They may be mailed to Graduate Studies by the institution or applicant or delivered in person to Graduate Studies. Those delivered in person can be released back to the applicant or the applicant’s representative after verification and attestation by a Graduate Studies representative.
You are required to request that an official score report from ETS-TOEFL, ETS-GRE, IELTS and/or GMAC (GMAT) be sent to UT Arlington Graduate Studies. Our institution code for ETS-TOEFL and ETS-GRE is 6013.
TOEFL, TSE, TOEFL iBT and IELTS Test Score Minimums
Graduate Studies requires an applicant whose native language is not English to submit a minimum score of 550 on the paper-based TOEFL, 213 on the computer-based TOEFL, 79 on the TOEFL iBT, or 6.5 on the IELTS. Some programs may require a higher minimum for admission. Review the Program and Certificate information or the Graduate Catalog carefully for program specific test score requirements. Graduate Studies does not require the TOEFL or IELTS for an applicant whose native language is not English if he or she holds a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a US Institution.
Official GRE or GMAT test scores
Official acceptable scores are required as specified by the applicants program of intended admission. Review the Program, Certificate or the Graduate Catalog carefully for program specific test score requirements.
International Student Financial & Immigration Documentation
You are required to submit this information to Graduate Studies. International students enrolling in F and J visa status are required to submit a Passport Copy and Financial Forms that verify sufficient funds to meet the educational and living expense amount for students at UT Arlington. The Passport Copy is needed to assure proper spelling and recording of the students’ name. The Financial Forms are needed for issuance of the immigration document Form I-20 or Form DS-2019. Student enrolling in H or other visa status must submit verification of that status. Legal Permanent Resident of the U.S. must submit a copy of their legal permanent resident card.
Program Specific Requirements
You are required to submit program specific requirements to the Graduate Advisor of your intended program. Please go to the program website or the Graduate Catalog for the mailing address. Each program has developed a set of discipline specific criteria that are used in holistic approach to access an applicants readiness for graduate study. Multiple factors are evaluated and no single factor can by itself determine whether an applicant is offered or denied admission. The most common program specific requirements are academic plans and letters of recommendations.
In a statement of approximately 200 words describe your main academic interest, strengths, and limitations at this time; explain why you wish to study for this degree in a particular field, why you have chosen UT Arlington and specify what you personally hope to accomplish during your program here.
Many programs require a Recommendation Form (PDF, 249KB) from 3 undergraduate faculty. For the convenience of the recommender you may furnish him or her with the recommendation form provided and a stamped envelope addressed to the Graduate Advisor in your intended program.
Other program specific requirements
Financial / Immigration Forms
Forms for international student applicants who are academically admitted but required to submit financial or immigration forms to finalize admission may accessed below:
- School Transfer Notification (PDF, 13KB)
- Financial Forms for College of Engineering (PDF, 101KB)
- Financial Forms for Business Administration (PDF, 163KB)
- Financial Forms for Architecture (PDF, 164KB)
- Financial Forms for Liberal Arts (PDF, 163KB)
- Financial Forms for Science (PDF, 163KB)
- Financial Forms for Education and Health Professions (PDF, 164KB)
- Financial Forms for Nursing (PDF, 163KB)
- Financial Forms for School of Social Work (PDF, 164KB)
- Financial Forms for School of Urban & Public Affairs (PDF, 164KB)