Before You Apply
Texas college students under 22 years old must be vaccinated against bacterial meningitis before they can enroll in classes (Section 51.9192 of the Texas Education Code.) If you have been admitted to UT Arlington, you are required to submit proof of your meningitis vaccination to Magnus Health SMR. The meningitis vaccination must be administered on or before the first day of classes of the term in which you are enrolling.
We strongly encourage you to thoroughly read the information included in this section and other sections of the Graduate School website for important and useful information about Graduate Studies and the application process.
Of particular importance to prospective applicants:
- Choose your program. Be sure to review the information provided by each program in the Graduate Catalog and on departmental websites for program specific admission deadlines, requirements and procedures.
- Please note, you may only submit one application at a time, and may only be considered for admission to one program at a time.
- Contact your program’s Graduate Advisor if you have any questions.
Feel free to use our Information Request form to request more information.
|US Students||International Students, Permanent Residents & Resident Aliens|
|Note: Some graduate programs may have earlier admissions deadlines. Please check with your specific program for exact dates. The Graduate School will continue to accept and process applications, transcripts and other documentation after the published deadline, however, we cannot guarantee that the applications from late applicants will be processed in time to enable the applicant to enroll in the semester for which they applied. We urge you to begin planning for Graduate School early and to submit the application materials by the published deadlines.|
|Spring||October 15th||September 15th|
|Summer||April 1st||February 1st|
|Fall||June 15th||April 1st|
Below are links to some general admission tests. Check with the graduate program you are interested in to find out which test(s) they require.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- UT Arlington Testing Services
You are encouraged to prepare well for each exam. UT Arlington Continuing Education provides reasonably priced preparatory courses for both the GRE and GMAT.