Advancing Undergraduates to Geo-Environmental Master’s Degrees
University of Texas
Arlington – Brownsville – Pan American
The AUGMENTS program provides scholarships for undergraduate students with interest and talent in the geosciences, who display dedication to the study of physical sciences, mathematics, engineering, geology, or environmental science. Students who receive an AUGMENTS scholarship qualify for funding from their senior year of undergraduate study through the completion of a Master’s degree in Environmental Science or Geology from University of Texas at Arlington (UTA.) Students also receive the opportunity to attend a four-week field camp in New Mexico and surrounding areas during the summer after their junior or senior year. Tuition, meals, and lodging are provided. Undergraduate students may apply in their sophomore or junior year. The AUGMENTS program is supported with generous funding provided by an S-STEM grant from the National Science Foundation.
AUGMENTS benefits include:
- Early experience in advanced concepts graduate-level study
- Summer credits for six (6) hours counted towards both your undergraduate degree and Master’s degree, should you choose to pursue post-baccalaureate study
- Hands-on experience conducting research and collecting data in the field
- Individualized guidance and support from UTA faculty
- First-rate academic and professional support to prepare you for a career in Geosciences
- Connection with peers, professors, and mentors in environmental research and industry
- Funding for your senior year of undergraduate study
- Funding and reduced time to completion of a Master’s degree in Geology or Environmental Science
- Professional, social, and academic-based workshops and seminars
AUGMENTS prepares students for graduate level work, ensuring they meet degree requirements rapidly and successfully.
All applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents. First-generation college students, women, African Americans, Hispanic Americans, and Native Americans are encouraged to apply. Applications from students nominated by faculty members are welcome. Applicants should have a 3.0 average in courses completed in the geosciences or related disciplines. Proof of financial need is required. Interested students must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to verify they qualify for need-based aid.
For further information on the AUGMENTS program, please contact us.
Learn more about the Impact of Geoscientists.
Learn more about the AUGMENTS Summer Field Camp.