With over half of our student population coming from traditionally under-represented groups, UT Arlington remains committed to recruiting from a broad pool of diverse graduate applicants. Graduate Studies recognizes the Ronald E McNair Post-Baccalaureate Achievement Program as a vital source of highly competitive graduate school applicants, students who are exceptionally prepared for the demands of graduate studies. Each year, we attend the Texas National McNair Scholars Research Conference, and we actively recruit McNair Scholars.
Graduate Application Fee Incentive
Graduate Studies will waive the graduate application fee for any McNair Scholar seeking admission into one of our programs. To ensure that the fee is waived when you apply, you should:
- Identify yourself as McNair Scholar on the “Scholar Groups” page of the application.
- Indicate that you will pay the application fee by check.
- Verify your participation in the McNair Scholars program with either:
- A letter from your McNair director.
- A completed Certification of McNair Program Participation and Request for Admission Application Fee Waiver form.
We extend a special invitation to you as a McNair Scholar to attend one of our Graduate Forums or to directly contact the Graduate Advisor for the program that most interests you. Graduate Studies encourages you to apply well before the admissions deadlines and to consult with your Graduate Advisor for information about the funding opportunities available through your department. Additional information on financing your education is available in the Graduate Studies Financial Resources Brochure (PDF, 1.16MB).